Monday, November 14, 2011

Hallanish, Callanish, Standing Stones and Publishing Houses.

This is the new logo that will appear in my self-published Kindle/Nook books. It was inspired by the Callanish stone circle on Lewis, Outer Hebrides, Scotland.

I've visited these stones, walked the ancient walkway, touched the cold stone Lewisian Gneiss and marveled. The dedication of these ancient peoples to build such huge structures was awe inspiring, as was the desolation of the site itself. There's just nothing there but moorland, and more moorland.

On one visit, I dragged three of my colleagues with me. It was a very cold morning, and we were four hung-over salesmen, two of whom had just come along for the ride, but we all stood amazed at this place.

The circle, the desolation, and the memory that will never fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...